Family Digital, Inc. invests in good tech! Our vision is to be the most trusted company for families around the world. We will offer relevant tools, technology, and services providing economic benefit and data privacy for all participants. We’re looking for team members who can help support and expand this vision.
Our flagship product FamilyApp® enables families to safely connect online and find great things to do together! We're on a mission to fill people with hope as they experience the security of belonging to a family.
As a fast-growing startup, Family Digital team members will regularly interact with those in other team members worldwide. We are looking to build an enthusiastic, global team that’s as passionate about families as we are. We’re constantly looking for different ways to stretch and use our gifts, and encourage inter-departmental collaboration in order to provide the most relevant solutions for families worldwide.
About the department:
Family Digital's creative services department utilizes the latest technology to bring value to our clients. It provides strategic content to empower customers to build their brands and improve search visibility.
About the role:
As a Family Digital editorial director, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our clients have high-quality articles to meet their business needs. Using our SEO tools and advice from subject-matter experts, you'll help craft unique monthly editorial plans. You'll work with a combination of staff and freelance writers to develop a strategy that provides high-quality information and articles, while also climbing to the top of SERPs.
What you'll do:
- Create content strategies by defining relevant topics and then sourcing the writing to topical experts- freelancers, contract writers, and/or full time employees.
- Search for SEO terms worth covering and know how to optimize for conversions. Use data to explore content reach within SERPs and content distribution partners in order to increase article ROI.
- Create a monthly editorial calendar and monitor the process that will source, edit, organize, and publish the content (potentially in multiple channels).
- Develop expertise in topics relevant Family Digital clients, or work with the right team to bring them quality content.
- Experience successfully managing an editorial calendar and strategy: owning content creation and performance and adjusting tactics to meet goals.
- Comfort working with metrics, an ability to turn data into actionable programs, and an ability to optimize day-to-day performance.
- Experience managing projects on a large scale, with the ability to consider multiple stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Knowledge of site publishing, site design, social media strategy, paid marketing campaigns, SEO.
- Ability to write and edit within the constructs of our model to optimize for SEO.
- Passion for families and family-oriented content.
- Adaptability, humility, and comfort with ambiguity.
- Ability to work at our headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA.